We start our charters in April and run through October on the highly productive waters of Lake Ontario, in Rochester, N.Y.
Many of the tributaries, surrounding bays, and Genesee River are a major part of the New York State stocking program. Because of this, each year these waters produce many trophy salmon and trout.
April, May and June are good for brown trout, steelhead, coho, and spring chinooks. Size range: 5-30 lbs.
June, July and August we troll the depths with down-riggers for a wide variety of salmon and trout.
August, September, and October big salmon begin to school and become very aggressive as they get ready for their spawning run up the Genesee River. Size range: 40+ lbs., with 25 lbs. as an average.
For a full day of fishing you should bring:
- a current NYS fishing licence
- any food and beverage
- soft rubber-sole shoes, rain gear, warm clothing, sunglasses
- motion sickness medication, if needed
- a large cooler, to transport your catch
- and most of all, a camera to show everyone the fun you had, and your TROPHY